Arroz con pollo is a great classic from Perú but is also similarly prepared in other Latin American countries. A friend from Perú told me the secret of this recipe.
- 1 kg lower legs and/or upper legs
- 250 g rice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 beef tomato
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125 ml white wine
- 550 ml broth
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- Rinse the chicken and dab dry, if necessary dismantle if the roaster is not big enough.
- Peel garlic and onion and chop finely. Wash and chop peppers and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a roaster and fry the chicken on all sides.
- Add garlic and paprika and fry briefly.
- Then add the onions and tomatoes, fry briefly and add the wine and broth.
- Add saffron, clove and bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove clove and bay leaf.
- Then add the rice to the pan and cook in it (if the amount of liquid in the pan is absorbed and the rice is not yet cooked, add some more broth or water).
- Just before the rice is done season again with salt and pepper.
Photo by bhofack2
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe