Crepes with spinach and cheese are a perfect dish for all lovers of vegetarian cuisine.
- 240 g fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tbsp low fat or regular cottage cheese
- 30 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp onion granules
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying, (1 tbsp for spinach and 1/2 tsp for each crepe)
For the crepes:
- 1cup flour
- 1 and 1/3cup semi-skimmed milk (low fat)
- Pinch of salt
- First, prepare the spinach. In a pan heat up 1 tablespoon of oil, add the garlic and fry for 30- 40 seconds.
- Add the spinach and fry over high heat for about a minute, stirring all the time, until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from the heat before it starts releasing water.
- Set aside to cool.
- In the meanwhile make the crepes. Tip the flour into a bowl, add the salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the egg and start gradually pouring in the milk whisking all the time until all the ingredients have been combined and the mixture is silky smooth.
- Heat up a pancake pan, grease with a little oil and ladle the crepes batter onto the pan in a circular motion swirling the pan to ensure the batter covers the entire surface.
- Cook over medium heat for about 1.5 minutes on each side, until the pancake is lightly browned.
- Stack the pancakes up on a large plate.
- In order, to make the filling puree the spinach mixture along with the cottage cheese, cheddar, and onion granules until smooth.
- Season to taste and make the crepes.
Recipe by Elisa
Photo by sea_wave
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe