You are looking for something refreshing and easy to prepare, then this yogurt is the right choice. I love yogurt – of course homemade yogurt and this one is my favourite.
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Honey
- The mint leaf roughly chop and put in a medium pot with the coconut milk – put the heat on medium level.
- Mix from time to time and press with the spoon on the mint leaves to release the oils – bring to the boil.
- After cooking, add the honey and mix while stirring. Turn off the heat and let the mint steep for 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl and press on the mint leaves to release the extra liquid into the bowl. Remove the mint leaves.
- Add the peppermint extract and the Greek yoghurt to the bowl and mix. Pour the mixture into a frozen bowl and place in the freezer.
- Mix the mixture every 30 minutes for 2 hours, scrape off the sides and mix.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Drizzle over the partially frozen yoghurt and whisk to break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Overnight freezing until they are firm.
Recipe by Ella
Photo by BarbaraNeveu
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.