“You’ll think you’re in Mexico when you eat this easy, quick, no-cook salsa. Great on tortilla chips!”
- 5 Hatch chile peppers, stems removed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; add Hatch chile peppers.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins.
- Blend roasted Hatch chile peppers, diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, onion, cilantro, and garlic powder in a food processor or blender until desired consistency is reached.
Recipes by: COOKINGQUEEN75, Image credit: Matt Borden (Flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.