A spontaneous visit at the door? No problem, the chocolate bread is prepared in a blink of an eye and simply tastes fantastic!
You will need following Ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 125 g unsalted butter or soft margarine
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 g half-sweet melted chocolate pieces
- 350 ml apple sauce
- 10 ml vanilla extract
- 625 g all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 g half sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 to 3 tbsp a mixture of half whole milk and half light cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C. Grease four mini breadpans 13.5 cm x 7.5 cm
- To make bread, butter cream or margarine and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and chocolate and mix well. Add the apple sauce and vanilla and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add to the creamy mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the dough into the baking tins. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before placing on grills to cool completely.
- For the icing melt chocolate pieces and butter or margarine in a pot. Stir in the mixture of whole milk and light cream.
- Take off the heat and stir in sugar, vanilla and salt.
Photo by kenishirotie
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.