A simple recipe for a deliciously creamy, roasted low carb pumpkin soup. Add to that the indescribable rosemary aroma that fills your entire kitchen. A fragrance you want every day.
1 medium (500 g) Hokkaido pumpkin
1 whole (25g) garlic
4 medium sized (130 g) shallots onions
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 branch of thyme
2 cups (0,5 l) homemade meat broth
1 tbsp whipped cream – optional
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C
- Cut the Hokkaido pumpkin in half and clean it of all seeds.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and place in a baking tin covered with baking paper.
- Clean the onions and garlic and cut them into two halves so that the flavour can develop properly when frying.
- Add the onions and garlic to the baking tin.
- Drizzle everything with a little virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with additional turmeric, salt and pepper and mix everything together
- Then add a sprig of thyme, which you have previously cut into 3 parts
- Bake everything for 30 minutes
- After baking, take the thyme out again and put everything in a pan.
- Now add the meat stock and mix everything with a hand blender.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of whipped cream if required.
- Arrange the soup in deep plates and decorate with some pumpkin seed oil.
Preparation time 10 minutes, cook time 30 minutes Nutrition facts pro portion: Calorie 80, Total fett 4g, Carbohydrates 8g, Protein 4g
Recipe by: lowcarb-nocarb.com
Photo Credit: Pixabay
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.