Smörgastarta is a popular sandwich cake from Sweden. This tasty sandwich layer cake is a real classic of Swedish cuisine.
Ingredients for the bread:
- 650 g wheat flour
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 500 ml of water
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
Ingredients for the filling:
- 250 g shrimps – cooked and peeled
- 3 eggs – hard-cooked
- 1 avocado
- 175 g salad cream
- 400 g cream Fraiche
- 100 g yogurt
- 7 tsp lemon juice
- 200 g cream cheese
- 200 g cucumber
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Usually, I do it with salmon, but this time I did it without salmon. If you want to do that with the salmon, then you need 200 g smoked salmon.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and knead until smooth.
- Form the dough into a ball and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and put into a springform pan.
- Leave to rise for another 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Let the bread cool well. Then cut off the bread crust at the top and sides.
- Then cut the bread horizontally twice so that 3 slices of the same thickness are formed.
- Mix 100 g salad cream,150 g cream Fraiche, 50 g yogurt, 3 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the shrimps and eggs into small pieces and stir into the cream.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of the pan and place the second pan on top.
- Puree the avocado flesh with 150 g cream Fraiche, 50 g yogurt and 3 tsp lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds. Cut into small cubes and sprinkle over them.
- Spread the other half of the avocado cream on top.
- Place the top on top.
For the coating:
- Mix 200 g cream cheese, 100 g cream Fraiche, 75 g salad cream and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Spread it on the cake.
- At the end spread half of the cream on the second base and cover with shrimps and eggs.
Photo by iuliia_n
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe