Ukrainian Zrazy is stuffed potatoes. Although they were invented in Lithuania, grated potatoes are traditional Ukrainian dishes: Ukrainians have changed and enriched the recipe considerably. The filling can be different: Meat, cabbage or mushrooms. This time, I have made it with cabbage. Zrazy is traditionally served with sour cream or tomato sauce for lunch or dinner.
- 1 piece cabbage
- 3 pieces of potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece carrot
- 2 piece onions
- Parsley to taste
- Allspice to taste
- Bay leaf to taste
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes, carrot, onion, and garlic.
- Cut the cabbage finely and then add it to vegetables.
- Add the allspice.
- Mince the carrot, onion, and cabbage.
- Mash the potatoes. Season with salt.
- Shape a potato tablet and put vegetable and stuffing on it.
- Enclose the filling inside potatoes so the stuffing won’t fall out during cooking. Dip in the flour.
- Fry them from each side in the preheated frying pan with vegetable oil.
Serve with sour cream or tomato sauce.
Recipe by ukrainefood
Photo by Nikolaydonetsk
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe