These zucchini stuffed rolls with cheese are a tasty and vegetarian dish. This recipe is suitable for a starter or main course.
- 2-3 medium zucchinis
- ¼ cup finely crumbled feta
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon zest and fresh herbs for garnish
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Wash and slice the zucchinis.
- Place them on a rack and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Let them sit for several minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling until it is smooth and creamy.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Blot the tops of the zucchini dry with paper towels and spray with non-stick cooking spray just before grilling.
- Grill 2-3 minutes a side on medium.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined tray and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Blot any remaining liquid.
- Spread about one tablespoon of the filling evenly over each slice.
- Starting at the wide end, roll the zucchini tightly.
- The filling mixture will hold the end closed.
- Garnish each roll with lemon zest and a small sprig of fresh thyme.
Recipe by Laurice’s Kitchen
Photo by voltan1
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe